Monday, February 25, 2013

The Way to Succeed {Shelley Dee Photography} Lifestyle & Wedding Photography | Marin, Napa, Sonoma County Photographer...Shelley Hohe

Ever since I was a little girl I have loved photography and photos.  I remember sitting on my grandmothers lap as she would share her life's stories with me while flipping through all of her photo albums.  I even remember receiving my first Kodak film camera...I have loved taking pictures for as long as I could remember.  Did this guarantee that I was supposed to be a photographer???  I personally feel that just because I love photography, it doesn't mean I am going to be good at it.  As a matter of fact when I decided to launch my business almost five years ago, I look at those old pictures and think "wow that photo looks bad!"  I had to practice, learn, fail and try one more time...over and over again!  I have taken so many workshops, watched so many videos and have read so many books.  They all have  helped me so much! There have also been times where I felt like giving up, but then I remember this quote from Thomas A. Edison.... 
“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to try just one more time.” 

I am glad I did not give up!  I will keep on practicing, learning, failing and trying over again.  This is the way to not only succeed in our businesses but in life itself!


Here are photos of our kids when I first started out almost 5 years ago...





Here are recent photos of our kids shot with the same exact camera and lens...







Lifestyle, Portrait & Wedding Photographer serving Marin, Sonoma & Napa Counties

415.827.9646 ~ www.shelleydeephotography.com
For special offers & updates "Like" us on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment