Thursday, February 7, 2013

Personalizing Your Business {Lifestyle & Wedding Photography} Marin, Napa, Sonoma County Photographer...Shelley Hohe

So here we are the 3rd and final part of our Branding Your Business series. In part 1 we shared about the Importance of Branding and Rebranding Your Business,  In Part 2 we shared How to Build Your Brand and Find Your Identity and today we are sharing about Personalizing Your Business.

Personalizing your business is probably even more important than just building a brand for your business.  I know especially for photography there are so many photographers and great photographers at that.  So how does one attract clientele with it being so saturated in this industry.  By personalizing  your business and creating an emotional connection with your target audience.

One way is to personalize your brand by creating a custom website, marketing materials and logo that reflect who you are not just as a business but as a person.  Yesterday I talked about creating an inspiration board if you are having a hard time implementing your brand, identity, logo and now personalizing all 3.  Below is an inspiration board I made up to help me find the brand and identity I wanted my business to portray.

What does my inspiration board say about me and what I want my business to look like?

1. The colors aqua and green...I just love these colors together.  Although I may not decorate my house in these colors (just my office :) these colors represent me.
2. I love anything vintage...doors, books suitcases, clothes.  Pretty much anything from the 40's & 50's
3. I love my family...whether it's having our family bible studies,  going to Disneyland as a family or snuggling on the couch with my husband while watching The Notebook.
4. I love things elegant yet simple...delicate flowers, pearl earrings and my collection of tea cups with saucers.

You can also share your inspiration board with an about me page on your website, this will build an emotional connection with your audience. Another way to personalize your brand is to add photos of yourself and family on your website, blog and Facebook.  In my husbands business he goes to his clients homes for work.  If I had a stranger coming to my home I would want to know a little more about them as an individual not just a business. There have been so many times where my husbands clients will say that the #1 reason why they choose him to work on their cars is because of the family photo he has on his website. This just shows the importance of an emotional connection.


Photo Courtesy of Lissymack Photography


Just recently the owner of a consulting company contacted me, because he also knew the importance of having a personal photo of himself being the face of his business.  Here are some of the photos I captured of him...

This photo is more relaxed and shows more personality.



While this photo is more professional yet still showing a face to his business.


I hope this post gave you some ideas on how to personalize your business.  Thank you so much for being apart of our 3 part series in Buiilding Your Brand.  



Thank you for stopping by my blog!!
Lifestyle, Portrait & Wedding Photographer serving Marin, Sonoma & Napa Counties

415.827.9646 ~ www.shelleydeephotography.com
For special offers & updates "Like" us on Facebook




1 comment:

  1. This is something I am working on right now :) Being part of ReSTARt I am trying to get an inspiration board done. It's hard to narrow down which direction you want your brand to go though. I can't even pick a fave color I always say ROY G BIV :P

    ReplyDelete