Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Homeschooling {Personal} Lifestyle & Wedding Photography | Marin, Napa, Sonoma County Photographer...Shelley Hohe

Besides photography, I love homeschooling our children! Our Thomas and Katelyn are 12 year old twins who we have been homeschooling since kindergarten.  It has been such a blessing for our family.  From the moment we wake up there is peace in our house. I love the fact that we don't have to rush to get out of the house to get the kids to school at 8am every morning.  I love having a house free of chaos.  Even though we don't leave our house every morning we do teach our kids the importance of organizing and prioritizing their time so on the days we do have to go somewhere early in the morning it is stress free.  Another reason I love homeschooling is for the fact I get to watch our children grow.  When we moved back to California we did have to put them in public school for 1 year.  I must say the school district  and teachers where our kids did go to school were amazing, I couldn't have asked for better teachers for Thomas and Katelyn.  Our main complaint was that we never saw our own children anymore.  They went to school from 8-2:30, had homework from 2:30-5:30, ate dinner, took showers, set out clothes for the next day and went to bed.  After homeschooling as long as we have this was a huge adjustment we were having a hard time getting used to.  Now that we are settled in our new home we are now in our 2nd year of homeschooling and in a routine we love.  I know homeschooling isn't for everyone but I do know it is exactly what God put on our hearts for our family over 6 years ago.   I am so thankful I get to homeschool our children and it is something I don't ever want to take for granted.

Here is a brief look into our daily routine...

7:30 am Bible Study
8:00 am  Breakfast as a family
8:15 am Monday/Cursive and History, Tuesday/Writing and Science, Wednesday/Cursive and Language Arts, Thursday/Writing and History, Friday/Tests and Educational Boardgames
10:15 am Break/Snack
10:30 am Monday/Reading and Spelling, Tuesday/Math and Geography, Wednesday/Word Study and Vocabulary, Thursday/Math and Language Arts, Friday/Art, Music and/or Field Trips
12:30 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Free Reading
1:30 P.E.
2:00 END OF SCHOOL DAY!


We take our homeschool very seriously as a matter of fact when filling out our homeschool affidavit, the questionnaire asks the name of school.  We decided to name our school Grace Christian Homeschool Academy.  Here is our logo we made together...


Of course being a photographer, I just had to get creative by taking our kids class pictures....







I am so blessed to not only be their mom, but to be their teacher too!!!

Lifestyle, Portrait & Wedding Photographer serving Marin, Sonoma & Napa Counties

415.827.9646 ~ www.shelleydeephotography.com
For special offers & updates "Like" us on Facebook






1 comment:

  1. I home schooled for grade 10 but it didn't last long for me. I was not nearly focussed enough. So smart to have such a great routine

    ReplyDelete