Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Style and Class at J Crew and Gap {Wardrobe Wednesday} Marin, Napa, Sonoma County Lifestyle & Wedding Photographer...Shelley Hohe

Being a photographer and a mom to a teenage girl, I can't help but know a little bit about fashion.  Before my daughter was a teenager it was all about Gymboree and Crazy 8…I loved these two stores when it came to dressing my daughter.  Their clothes were cute and classy and this is something that made me very happy when shopping for my daughter.  Now she doesn't really like to look cute…it's all about style!

As soon as she became a teenager and could not fit into Gymboree or Crazy 8 anymore I had no idea where to shop for clothes.  I was looking for clothes that would be stylish yet not revealing, pretty much I was looking for clothes with style and class.  Biggest problem…where was I going to find these clothes??? Every time we shopped in the junior department everything we saw was crop tops, short shorts and lace.  I wasn't happy about the selection that was being offered in some of the department stores I was looking.

Then one day when we were at the outlets we discovered J Crew and Gap.  We walked in these stores and we found endless items that would suit both of our needs.  Very stylish yet not revealing and as a bonus the prices were ridiculously inexpensive.  Being that my daughter is growing like a weed (she is 5ft now but I just know she will end being tall like her dad/my husband who is 6'2)  I just can't find any reason for spending more than $20 on an article of clothing when she will only wear for a season or two.

The reason I am sharing this post is not only for parents trying to find classy clothes for their teenage daughters, but I am also sharing this because these stores offer stylish clothes perfect for photo sessions as well!!!  When suggesting what to wear to my clients I always recommend layering clothes and cardigans are great for this.  As far as trending colors and patterns it seems to me stripes in Navy, Coral and Mint are quite popular this season.

Here are a few items we found out the J Crew and Gap outlet. The best part was each item was less than $20 and most of these items are so versatile they will work from Spring to Fall.

…………………………………………

J Crew Mint and Navy Rugby Striped Shirt Dress
…………………………………………

Found a similar one at Gap in Navy and Coral
…………………………………………

Gap Ivory with Black Polk a Dot Cardigan
 
to go with this J Crew Mint Cotton Dress
…………………………………………

Gap Navy Cardigan
To go with this Gap Mint and Navy Maxi Skirt

…………………………………………

J Crew Turquoise and Coral Checkered Blouse


to go with this pair of Gap Coral Shorts

…………………………………………

J Crew Mint Cardigan


to go with this Gap Navy and White Drawstring Waist Dress
…………………………………………

Lifestyle, Portrait and Wedding Photographer serving Marin, Napa, Sonoma and Beyond!
415.827.9646 
To view more photos and stay updated on special offers
Like Shelley Dee Photography on Facebook


Copyright 2013 ~ Shelley Dee Photography










No comments:

Post a Comment