Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Missing Grandma {little over a week ago} Marin, Napa, Sonoma County Engagement & Wedding Photographer...Shelley Hohe

I can't believe it was just a little over a week ago that I was holding my grandma's hand, kissing her forehead and whispering in her ear as she was nearing the end of her life on this earth.  I can't believe it was a little over a week ago that she went home to be with the Lord and my grandpa.   My family all knew this time would come and come soon being that she was 97…but the pain and grieving someone you love is so much harder than I anticipated.

The reason it is so hard is for the fact we were all so blessed by here presence in our lives for so many years.  Growing up we lived just a few minutes from my grandparents which resulted in many weekends spending the night,  many holidays baking cookies, many trips to feed the ducks, and many days just spending quality time…listening to her read to us, playing UNO, drawing (she was an amazing artist) and looking through her photo albums.  This was just a small part of all she did…no wonder I am missing grandma so very much!!!

Here is one of my favorite pictures of my grandma and I…one that I will look at and cherish forever!!


Lifestyle, Portrait and Wedding Photographer serving Marin, Napa, Sonoma and Beyond!
415.827.9646 
To view more photos and stay updated on special offers
Like Shelley Dee Photography on Facebook

Copyright 2013 ~ Shelley Dee Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment