Friday, March 21, 2014

Birds and Butterflies {taking the time to sit and listen} Marin, Napa, Sonoma County Engagement & Wedding Photographer...Shelley Hohe

A little over a week ago my grandma went home to be with the Lord.   My grandma was 97 and lived a very full life…she would always say "I have had a wonderful life".  She went so peacefully on a beautiful spring day as the flowers were blooming, the birds were singing and the sun was shining.  I remember my mom was telling me that Grandma was like a caterpillar as she was nearing the end of her life and that soon she would be like a beautiful butterfly.  Ever since she told me that I have been seeing and hearing about butterflies everywhere!  I believe God is sending us special message that my grandma is at peace with Him!

With all this I am reminded that if we really take the time to sit and listen, we can here God speak to us. Whether it's through the whistling of the wind, the singing of birds or the the sound of butterflies fluttering their wings.  This past week I have been sitting in my quiet place as I have been dealing with the loss of my grandma and by doing this I know I am not alone!  God is with me and my family letting us know He is right beside us.

Below is a photo I took of a butterfly a few years back and I was inspired to write a little poem about the way I was feeling.  I also love the quote I type out on the top of the image.  I found this quote online and it reminded me of what my mom was saying about my grandma…


Lifestyle, Portrait and Wedding Photographer serving Marin, Napa, Sonoma and Beyond!
415.827.9646 
To view more photos and stay updated on special offers
Like Shelley Dee Photography on Facebook

Copyright 2013 ~ Shelley Dee Photography








No comments:

Post a Comment