Friday, October 11, 2013

Your Wedding Photographer's Role {Capturing Your Special Day} Marin, Napa, Sonoma County Portrait & Wedding Photographer...Shelley Hohe

When planning and preparing for your special day it's so important to find a photographer you can connect with.  The best way to connect with your photographer is to find out more about them by going to their website, blog and Facebook page.  Once you choose your photographer ask to meet up with them over coffee.  This will be a time for you and photographer to get to know one another and your photographer will ask you details about your special day.  If you haven't had your engagement photos taken this would be a perfect time to schedule a session with your photographer.  I think an engagement session is a great way for you to get more comfortable with posing in front of them, sort of like a dress rehearsal for your big day.  As a matter of fact,  all my wedding packages come with a complimentary engagement session because of this very reason.  I love getting to know my couples more intimately before their special day.

The main reason I am posting this is so you know the importance of having a connection with your photographer, that way when your special day arrives you and your photographer will have good communication.  Your photographer will know what your photography needs and wants are.  During a couples big day things can get rushed...I can definitely say the most important thing not to rush is getting good photos on your wedding day.  A couple might want to bypass formal photos to rush to the reception as they can get lost in the in all the excitement of their day.  As your photographer it's my job to remind each couple to take the time so they can get special photos of their wedding day.  Reminding a couple that this is their day, that everything and everyone else can wait is very important.   I feel this is where my role as a wedding photographer comes to play.

As a wedding photographer I almost feel as though I am also a time coordinator making sure every moment is being captured with my camera. Below are some of my favorite photos of some past weddings I photographed and I could not get these if I did not let my couples know the importance of taking this special time out before heading to their receptions.  Another idea if a couple is up to it,  is to do first look photos.  I know this isn't for every couple and I completely understand, but doing this can free up a little more time for after the ceremony.  Either way, just remember to trust your photographer!  I know for myself every wedding I photograph, is just as important as if it were my very own wedding which is why it is so important for me to share this information with you.  After each wedding the only thing left are your photos and/or video to remember your special day that your worked so hard to plan and prepare!!!  I look forward to capturing more weddings as I get to create memories with my camera for couples to look back on and share for years to come!!















Lifestyle, Portrait & Wedding Photographer serving Marin, Sonoma & Napa Counties
415.827.9646 ~ www.shelleydeephotography.com

For special offers & updates "Like" us on Facebook

Copyright 2013 ~ Shelley Dee Photography







No comments:

Post a Comment