Thursday, July 11, 2013

Classic & Timeless Images {Black & White} Wedding Photography | Marin, Napa, Sonoma County Wedding Photographer...Shelley Hohe

Ever since opening up my photography business over 5 years ago, I knew the photos I wanted to capture would be in color.  I love photographs in color especially when you have a beautiful scenic background and since most of my photo sessions and weddings take place outdoors I always shoot in color and I always share my images in color.  I wonder if that is why I am so drawn to the movie Wizard of Oz, when Dorothy walks out her front door for the first time after her house lands in Munchkinland and everything around her is filled with beautiful vibrant color!

Although I love to shoot and share colored images, there is something oh so wonderful about black and white images.  I always let my clients know that if there are any portraits they would like to view in black and white, I can easily edit any photo. Black and white photos are classic and timeless.  Editing photos to black and white are perfect for images that are filled with emotion.  Instead of your eye seeing the beautiful colors, you are drawn in by the emotion instead and I love that.  Black and white images are perfect for telling a story whether it's birth photography or a wedding.  Having images in black and white are a must!!

Even though shooting in color is what I do, I look forward and can't wait to share more black and white images with my clients. Below are some photos I edited to black and white from a recent wedding I shared in color over a month ago. {you can view colored images and entire wedding post here}
















Lifestyle, Portrait & Wedding Photographer serving Marin, Sonoma & Napa Counties
415.827.9646 ~ www.shelleydeephotography.com
For special offers & updates "Like" us on Facebook

Copyright 2013 ~ Shelley Dee Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment