Friday, January 27, 2012

Though the Eyes of a Photographer { Marin, Sonoma, Napa County Photographer...Shelley Hohe}

One of my favorite things to do is go on drives, especially in the country or on the coast.  Not only do I enjoy it but the whole family does too.  I love being the passenger while my husband drives.  I get to distracted when I drive because I am always captivated by the things I see, not being able to concentrate on the road ahead of me.  Ever since I received my dslr camera and decided to become a photographer, I see things so much differently.  Through the eye of a photographer you see things as art that others might not.  Just last night I was was talking to our friends parents about looking for new locations for my client sessions.  Growing up in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area you would think that I would know all the great locations...right???  Wrong!  When I first started to get serious about photography we were still living in Oregon and moving back here has given me the opportunity to see things differently than I did when I grew up here.  We have been back here for over a year now and I am just excited when I notice things that I didn't before like a beautiful garden, an old antique door, a gravel driveway lined with a wooden fence & flowers, a rusty truck, stone pathway.  Now that I have my camera I am always having to stop, get out of the car and take photos to capture this beauty and art.   


Below are just a few photos I have taken over the year.  I am so excited to be putting together an arrangement of some of these photos to decorate our daughters room.  I love the fact that not only do I get to share this with our daughter but we are also saving money by not having to purchase art from somewhere else.










Marin/Sonoma/Napa County Portrait, Lifestyle & Wedding Photographer
For updates & specials "Like" Shelley Dee Photography on Facebook   



No comments:

Post a Comment