Saturday, November 6, 2010

Capturing Art....Black & White or Color ~ Lifestyle {Northern S.F. Bay Area Photographer...Shelley Hohe}

Now that i am living back in the San Francisco Bay Area, i am in the process of scouting out some new locations for some upcoming photo sessions. In the midst of my searching i came across this beautiful serene pond surrounded by trees. When i arrived, there were a small group of woman artists who were painting a landscape of this beautiful scene. I approached one of the very kind ladies and asked if i could capture them painting with my camera. I am so glad she said yes because what i ended up with was "capturing art" with my camera.

I love the fact that this photo is not posed, she just went about her painting. It gives it much more of an emotional feel to me. I usually shoot in color because i just love bright and beautiful colors, but with this photo i decided to do one in black & white as well. I like the feeling black & white photos give because instead of focusing on the colors in the picture you are focusing on the subject and what their doing or feeling.

What do you like....Black & White or Color???


click on photos to view enlarged
Marin/Sonoma County Lifestyle & Wedding Photographer
Shelley Hohe ~ ShelleyDeePhotography.Com ~ 415.827.9646


No comments:

Post a Comment